Friday, February 27, 2009

my no-longer kutty brother

This is the last funny moment i remember at home.

I was taking ice-cubes from the freezer and at the same time he was taking ketchup from the fridge and as i slammed to door of the freezer..it just about touched his hair..and i laughed at how short he was.

When pa came home, he'd stand on the couch next to the door to unlock the door.

When I last went home, about 3 months back..I was trying to lift something rather heavy to be moved  downstairs..he came, made me leave it aside and moved it himself..it felt so strange...It had always been me taking care of him, helping and doing things for him.

Suddenly like ten minutes back I get a mail,with pictures of his 12th std farewell..he's much taller than me now(I honestly don't know when that happened)..in a shirt,blazer and tie looking so cute and with his girlfriend.I catch him online a moment later and i ask him "is that your gf?" and his reply is, "ya..it's been six months what kind of a sister are you? everyone here knows.."

I wish i had an answer to that. In being so self-involved, have I missed out on other more important things? I dont know.

 I want to go home.

3 comments:

Saishyam Ravindran said...

There is always a time when things shift around.... and suddenly you find yourself in a time warp.

We see the things in detail only when we are alone and family becomes a lot more important than it was yesterday!!!!

Neha said...

there are days when i look at nose (my sister) and wonder where's that lil' imp who wanted to be just like me?!
lol
they grow up and you don't even realize..!! he he :)

Sangi said...

i love this blog. its very very 'full'.

and neha dont even talk about nose growing up. i will never believe it. its like father and bride part 1 -100