Sunday, February 8, 2009

Dancin' when the stars go blue...

It’s funny how sometimes being 5000 miles away from someone can tell and teach you so much more about a person than being right next to them.

“This one’s different” I told myself.

Even though lots of people gave me reasons to believe otherwise, I clung on to the good side which a selected few believed in. I realize now how easily I convince myself and choose to trust people.

There were the good times, bad times and fun times. This past year was very different, I believed we were similar in a lot of ways and thought we made a "good team".

Reality showed up.I know people change and change is the only constant but to such a large extent that it makes you wonder who the real person is, is rather confusing and annoying, especially for an already complicated person like me.

I thought it would kill me, now I’m sitting here wondering how it didn’t.
A warm bath, a little bitching and lots of shopping was all it took.

Life really does work in mysterious ways.

5 comments:

Sangi said...

I understand where you come from. There are always surprises life throws on you. There are always things you think you would never feel. There will be months when you can finally just sip some coffee and let things go in that split second. There will be years when you feel that you can never let it all go again.
But then again, you will surprise yourself, just like how people surprise you.

mumu said...

well said ..i completely agree,..

MT said...

I thought it would kill me, now I’m sitting here wondering how it didn’t.

I love that bit! And it's so true. It's the tiniest thing that can shatter the entire illusion, and disgust is the easiest incentive to move on. It ruins the entire heartbreak effect.

And only a *little* bitching, mumu?

~Arch~ said...

I am glad I could contribute a little to the bitching bit. :P

Lady Worth said...

I love it. And it's really quite frightening how people can appear be one thing and then turn into something that you are completely at a loss to understand.

But hey, I guess it's true that we really are stronger than we're made out to be.

And the only thing I can cling onto now is the fact that if it didn't last, it wasn't meant to be.

Listen to "something beautiful" by Robbie Williams! :)