Sunday, February 1, 2009

First post *excitement* !

I feel stupid admitting that something like "25 random things about you" on facebook today inspired me to blog...but it's a start nevertheless.

I saw this day coming...for sometime now..one day that i'd be completly alone...by myself...no lakshmi, no vyd,no hamsa, no dan, no ra, no bhav to run back to and whine and laugh with while everything became fine again. I was whining to my dad recently as usual and something he said ..kept playing in my head .."Mumu ..you cant let small things like this affect you so much..you need to learn to become much stronger"..,

-I've always considered myself a fairly strong person, I ve never really been scared to do anything
.-I've met a lot of people esp women, in the recent past who have it all or atleast I thought. Everytime I see them..I'd wish i was like them..they are never attached to anyone,anything or any place , would go out have a blast, a few boyfriends here and there who meant nothing to them.Nothing affected them.Is that being a strong person ?
-Few others, one actully I know who would just never let himself be emotionally attached to anyone ,I've always wondered how and why ?.It is casue he is just strong enough, smart enough or just plain scared ?

Does being strong just mean being unaffected ?
Casue if thats the case, I rather not be..Im not saying I would want to cry about the smallest thing..like the worlds come to an end...somethings you get used to over a period of time that cant affect you the third and fourth time they happen..but I like to feel...both pain and happiness.
It makes me feel more human and alive.
As independent as I am or like to be, being attached to someone or something gives me a reason to wake up every morning. I love it that way and I wouldn't change a thing about it ....

13 comments:

Sangi said...

being strong would be to not let yourself down and not let others make you feel 'little'

ami kay? said...

Does being strong just mean being unaffected ?

-it will now play in my head for a while...

keep writing mu! :)

g

ps: visit mine when u find time...

Priya said...

I think being strong means being able to prioritize.. and act unaffected to refrain from vulnerability.

So much for my words of wisdom :)

..p..

MT said...

exactly! i remember we've talked about this so many times, and even though it can be so annoyingly frustrating, it's nice to have it in the background.

as long as you don't let it own you.

and change the settings on your blog to allow non-google account users to comment.

vid said...

kuttu......welcome!! youre damn strong...my cheek seconds that!!!

vid said...

Actually...i always thought u were very strong...reference: my blog!!

aaditarke said...

blogger mumu! nice piece.. keep writing!

mumu said...

arke! If u remember ..I created my blog 2 years back after you showed me yours !
Thankee !

Lady Worth said...

Hey! Finally, you have a blog :D

And hey, I've always thought indifference is just a mask for insecurity. People who don't feel or consciously don't want to feel are just afraid of being hurt.

But try as I might, especially now, to NOT feel... I can't help wanting to feel extremes of emotion...

so yes, you're not alone :)

Anonymous said...

allloooo

i think you're a very strong person mu :)

according to me- being strong, is to cry and move on.

To know this is one Life, made up of good memories and bad ones. It's our choice to choose what we want to remember and how we want to remember. I realised in the past one year, if I chose to remember the good ones, then it gives me more strength to move on.

Whenever I chose to be weak, I failed. Often leading to depression and suicidal tendencies. Our minds are vulnerable. We have complete control over them if we wish to.

Some of the strongest people I've met are very meek and shy people. Some of the weakest are the extroverts. So I figured I can't really generalise who are the strong ones and who aren't. But having known you so well, I feel you're balanced. You MUST feel those emotions you already do and at the same time know that you're worth a lot and not to be messed with. I still remember how you cried a lot once but soon realised you cannot be messed with and you faced it bravely. That's strength mu. Courage to cry and then to wipe those tears and move on and value this gift of Life.

hamsa said...

Its almost like I can hear you talking to me, simple and and of much interest

H

mumu said...

* grin *

mumu said...

lakshmi !
I completley agree with you , that being strong is to cry and move on to better things but you know sometimes i find that easier when i think of the bad memories, curse the person and me(a little) for lettng it happen and think about it as somethingi dont want to go back to, casue the good ones make me miss the moment more :)